Thursday, June 16, 2016

Google Classroom - Setting up my class

This is my first year being able to use Google Classroom.




I was teaching Algebra 1 and 2. I was amazed at how easy it was to get started. Our school was already a Google Apps school so all I needed to do was to type in the search bar: classroom.google.com and hit enter. Bazinga! I was there.


At the top of the page next to my school email, I saw this little plus sign and just clicked on that. It gave me an option to join a class or create a class.


Well since I was creating this class for my students I chose to create a class. My students were told to join the class and I gave them a code. This option made it very easy for my students and less work for me. I just made the code available for them. I will go into that later.


This is where I titled my class. For the first time that I was not very creative and just titled them very simply. Maybe this year coming up I will come up with something more clever (note the first screenshot-not very original). 


For the sake of this post, I created a class that I plan to use for next year. If I think of a catchy class name, it is easy enough to change. 


The top right corner underneath my email address I have the option of selecting a theme and upload a photo. It is here that I was able to personalize my classroom at least a bit. 

In the bottom left corner is the class code I mentioned that I give to my students. I wrote the code on the white board for the students. Once they signed up, the classroom was automatically when they signed in with their school email. 


This was so simple and I had a couple hundred students signed up in the amount of time that it took to read this post.






No comments:

Post a Comment